Saturday, May 22, 2010

And yet, that void consumes me

The past few months have been challenging. There have been a multitude of various trials and I have to admit, I have not always been joyful in spite of them. I feel more like I am in a void, pleading as David, "Hear my cry LORD. Be gracious to me and answer. How long will You hide Your face from me?" And yet, like David, I know that I would rather have a day in His courts and stand at the threshold of His house, than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

I see things crumbling all around me: Marriages, families, churches, individuals, my country. I find myself overwhelmed trying to fix everything... no power... no ability... eyes on self.

I know what the Bible says. I may even know the right thing to say and how to Biblically encourage others. I know the truth. I know the only hope.

And yet, that void consumes me. I want to hide...

But...

I will remember:
"My voice rises to God, and I will cry aloud; My voice rises to God, and He will hear me. In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; In the night my hand was stretched out without weariness; My soul refused to be comforted. When I remember God, then I am disturbed; When I sigh, then my spirit grows faint. Selah.
You have held my eyelids open; I am so troubled that I cannot speak. I have considered the days of old, the years of long ago. I will remember my song in the night; I will meditate with my heart, and my spirit ponders: ...I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds.
Your way, O God, is holy;
What god is great like our God?
You are the God who works wonders;
You have made known
Your strength among the peoples.

You have by Your power redeemed Your people...
Read: When God Leaves No Footprints in the Sand

and: Miracles: A Reflection


Eyes off self
Eyes on Christ

...My only hope



6 comments:

  1. The hardest part is remembering that you cannot fix anything. Only God can and He will do it in His time and in His way and His ways are not our ways. He will be glorified through these events; it just may not look like what we think it will. Rest in His loving-kindness, faithfulness, and sovereignty. I have to remind myself to look at how He is changing ME through these events; and not obsesses over how He ought to be changing others. ;-) God is good all the time! Randi

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You have by Your power redeemed Your people..." from all eternity past! God's power, not ours! No wonder we all find ourselves in a void, tempted, tossed, helpless... but I like your answer: "Eyes off self / Eyes on Christ" That's the best remedy. I think that the void is fueled by self-focus. Once we focus on on our awesome Lord and His power, the void becomes faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your video testimony is so very encouraging; I could not keep a dry eye! Not everyone is courageous enough to be that transparent. Thank you for putting that out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do come to this website, it may provide some useful help in your search on the Word of the Lord - febc.edu.sg

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHECK OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT JOHN “THE LYING FRAUD," MACARTHUR, HERE:

    http://johnmacarthurexposed.wordpress.com/about/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Concerned Christian,

    James Macdonald leads a denomination of 69 churches. It is called the Harvest Bible Fellowship. Each church in this denomination operates with the same template. They are all called "churches of life groups." (If you aren't in a life group, then they don't want you in one of their churches.) What is a "life group"? The life groups are all facilitator-led groups. They exist for the purpose of group mind control. Harvest Bible Fellowship is a highly sophisticated mind control operation under a Christian covering.

    Who is the director of operations of Harvest Bible Fellowship? Bill Molinari, who also sits on the board of John Macarthur's GTY and Macarthur's international ministry, TMAI. Who else supports this abomination? John Macarthur's TMS advertizes this "church" to their grads and promotes their Harvest Training School to their grads. Several TMS grads are now leading these "churches of life groups" as other TMS grads are enrolled in the Harvest School obligated to plant more of these churches in the future. (When I contacted R Mayhue, the director of TMS, to ask why he advertizes this "church" and its training school to his seminary grads I received no reply.)

    John Macarthur considers James Macdonald to be a "close friend" and he fully supports Macdonald's Harvest Fellowship as he annually attends Macdonald's "Straight Up" conferences. "Christians" leading these "Churches of Life Groups" aren't following God's Word; they are actually following the Jewish Kabbalah.

    Chief Dregs of Society

    Fun Fact: John Macarthur's mentor at Talbot Theological Seminary was an orthodox Jewish Rabbi who often quoted from the Jewish Talmud in his writings. Macarthur has stated that the sole reason he attended this seminary was to be mentored by this rabbi.

    ReplyDelete